Screaming Eagle 2,000 GPM Portable Monitor Base
Water resources are a critical part of any industrial fire related emergency, and a key component is having a sustained water supply throughout the event. There are a number of circumstances that may impede a facility’s ability to supply water to the area needing it the most
Water resources are a critical part of any industrial fire related emergency, and a key component is having a sustained water supply throughout the event. There are a number of circumstances that may impede a facility’s ability to supply water to the area needing it the most, such as:
- Catastrophic failure of underground or above ground water supply lines due to a sudden impact of a blast
- Stress of a heat load
- Outdated water mains that may be unable to supply the amount of water necessary for the job
- Capital projects that interrupt water supply during construction
- Weather related events and extreme temperatures
When water supply logistics become a challenge, or when the fixed fire protection equipment is damaged or malfunctioning, Screaming Eagle monitor base is a portable yet robust platform to launch attacks on industrial fire hazards. This relatively lightweight (450 lbs or 204 kg empty) and compact (5 ft x 5 ft or 1.5 m x 1.5 m) platform can be dropped off virtually anywhere in your facility. Connected to available or temporary hose lines, the monitor becomes an instant stable and safe monitor station, allowing responding firefighters to effectively shoot water and extinguishing agents on target. It is designed to be easily carried and placed by a fork lift or may be left strapped to an adequately sized trailer or flatbed truck.
Each unit flows up to 2,000 gpm (7,570 LPM) and can provide a strategic advantage of tactical flexibility. A built-in ballast tank provides stability once water starts flowing. The fibreglass anti-skid grip surface helps prevent slipping or falls, even when completely wet.
During unpredictable weather conditions, the staging area for a response may change multiple times throughout the event. As the situation evolves, the Screaming Eagle monitor base can easily be picked up and moved to a new location. It can also be used as temporary, semi-fixed fire protection system until permanent fixed equipment is installed. The unit’s pass-through waterway means multiple units can be connected for maximum firefighting power.
Effective in response, easy to deploy, safe to operate…the Screaming Eagle portable monitor base is an essential asset for any industrial fire response team.
Features & Benefits
- 4” (100 mm) Riser with 4” 150# flange to connect to your choice of monitor including oscillating monitor with flows up to 2,000 gpm (7,570 LPM)
- 4” (100 mm) Gear operated butterfly valve on the riser
- Two 5” (120 mm) or 6” (150 mm) water inlets on opposite sides with Storz fittings
- Forklift skids for easy transportation
- Ballast tank flood system to provide stability during operation
- Ballast drain allowing quick emptying of the ballast
- Anti-skid grip surface for operator safety